[wix-users] UILevel and LaunchConditions

Alan Sinclair anadem at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 14:05:37 PDT 2018

Is UILevel available to custom actions before LaunchConditions?
Or is there another way to determine whether an install is running without
UI?

Alternatively, can I use a custom action to terminate an install cleanly
after UILevel is available?

My scenario is that our installer is dual-scope, using the WiX UI for the
user to choose between per-user and per-machine. It's working well except
for the case where a silent upgrade (or semi-silent, /qb or /qr) tries to
change the scope. (For an install with full UI we force the upgrade to be
the same scope as the previous install.)

thanks
Alan