[wix-users] IIS App Pool Properties

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Sat Apr 14 07:38:07 PDT 2018

I suppose if the IIS Extension custom actions were written in (ECMA) JavaScript instead of C++ (not possible I know)  you'd have scores of volunteers.

A client just asked if I could set an Application pool to be Integrated instead of Classic.  I found an email thread from 10 years ago asking for it.  AFAIK it's still not there.   Even if someone contributed it today it wouldn't make it into 3.x  so you'd end up waiting for 4.0 to be finished

So what can you do today?  Use web.config as much as possible to simplify your wix code and  use QuiteExecuteCA to call appcmd.exe  to patch up the rest after the IIS custom actions fire.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/get-started/getting-started-with-iis/getting-started-with-appcmdexe