[wix-users] Heat Command Issues / Limitations

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:22:18 PDT 2018

Actually, the total size of the folder is actually around 1.5 GB and the
total file count is around 42,000. There are around 3200 folders included.
Is Heat capable of handling this volume? If so, are there any dos and
don'ts and is there any option / switch which should or should not be used
to harvest this huge volume of files? Also, is there a need to split and if
so, how?
Also, if there are empty folders, then will heat harvest them or ignore
them? Please advise. Also, I came across a link which seems to briefly
touch upon some of these, but completely. It will be great, if anyone can
please help.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/icumove/2009/05/31/right-corner-wix-heat-left-corner-thousands-of-files/

Regards,
Venkatesh