[wix-users] Install Component after Successful execution of Deferred Custom Action

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 10:35:56 PDT 2018

I *think* the answer is no. There is only a single wix standard custom
action for processing SqlScript. I would not expect that custom action to
process only a subset of SqlScripts, pause execution to allow other stuff
to execute, and then restart execution at some other point in time. To get
this kind of behavior, you'll need to create your own custom action(s) to
provide that ordering.

The Windows Installer architecture uses a declarative approach to setup.
Thinking imperatively about setup actions will lead to trouble. If your
application requires this kind of ordering then perhaps the application is
trying to tell you that it really should be decomposed in to separate
deployable products (msi packages) that should be sequenced by a
bootstrapper (perhaps like burn). Or perhaps you're trying to do too much
at install-time rather than at run-time.

--
Edwin G. Castro