[wix-users] Message Box in Wix Control & Custom Action

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 23:31:26 PDT 2018

Thanks a lot, Nir. I could make the second approach working. But from
within a custom action, I am not able to get it working. I have the
following code in my custom action. It is not displaying a message box.

 Record record = new Record();
 record.FormatString = "Test Message!";
 session.Message(InstallMessage.User, record);
 return ActionResult.Success;

In my Product.wxs, I have the following CustomAction element.

<CustomAction Id="CA_MsgBoxTest" BinaryKey="MsgBoxTestCADLL"
DllEntry="DisplayMsg" Execute="immediate"  Return="check"></CustomAction>

However, I don't have any Custom element defined inside
InstallExecuteSequence or InstallUISequence, since I am not sure how to
call this action only on button click. Please help.

Regards,
Venkatesh