[wix-users] Custom Bootstrapper Launcher

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Mon Apr 2 06:30:07 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have a custom bootstrapper written in C#/WPF and when you start the installer and it's already installed, I show the classic window asking the user if they want to modify, repair or uninstall.  Problem is that if I start the plan with action uninstall or repair, it complains that an install requires a reboot.  If I run uninstall etc. from the programs and features window it works.

This is what I have:
       protected override void NextExecute()
        {
            Bootstrapper.Model.PlannedAction = _launchAction;

            switch ( _launchAction)
            {
                case LaunchAction.Uninstall:
                    Bootstrapper.WriteLog("Creating the uninstall UI.");
                    Bootstrapper.Plan(LaunchAction.Uninstall);
                    break;
                case LaunchAction.Modify:
                    Bootstrapper.WriteLog("Creating the modify UI.");
                    Bootstrapper.ShowCurrentPage();
                    break;
                case LaunchAction.Repair:
                    Bootstrapper.WriteLog("Creating the uninstall UI.");
                    Bootstrapper.Plan(LaunchAction.Repair);
                    break;
                default:
                    throw new ArgumentOutOfRangeException();
            }
        }

Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to do this correctly?

Thanks,
Tyrel