[wix-users] Custom bootstrapper - package caching

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 23:00:08 PDT 2017

The customer can always uninstall these third-party setups from Programs &
Features applet of the control panel.
But when you change your Deployment technology (like now you have adopted
Burn bootstrapper), you also facilitate your customer by either instructing
him/her how to remove older things, or best option is to automate the
removal of older things with some script/app to be executed before your new
bootstrapper based installer start its operations.

In addition, if you are delivering the new versions of EXEPackages, most
probably, these have the ability to upgrade their ancestors. Otherwise,
deliver a bat-script or PowerShell script which will first remove older
things and then execute Bootstrapper based installed.

On 26 September 2017 at 09:23, Roland K via wix-users <