[wix-users] SourceDir not available in Silent mode

Marc Beaudry mbeaudry at matrox.com
Thu Sep 14 05:39:05 PDT 2017

Hello All,

Found a solution: If this is completely incorrect let me know:

I created a Property:
      <Property Id="MySourceDir">C:\</Property>
Then I set my property value like this:
     <SetProperty Id="MySourceDir" Before="FileCost" Value="[SourceDir]" />

I also in InstallExecuteSequence run the ResolveSource before the FileCost

This works in both silent and published mode.

Thanks
Marc