[wix-users] Can anyone give me a nice simple example of returning values from a Custom Action?

harald goci harald.goci at panagenda.com
Wed Sep 13 02:52:40 PDT 2017

Hello Paul!
I created a very simple WiX custom action and integrated it in very simple
MSI.
Sources can be found here:
https://github.com/GoKarliGo/SimpleWixCustomAction

Consider to make log files of the installation in verbose mode. Then you
will see the property changes in the log.

Hope that helps,
Harald Goci
Senior Software Engineer

Email: harald.goci at panagenda.com - Web: www.panagenda.com
Phone: +43 1 890 12 89-44 - Fax: +43 1 890 12 89-15

panagenda GmbH - Schreyvogelgasse 3/10 - 1010 Vienna - Austria
Registered Office: Vienna - HG Wien - FN 293516t - VAT-ID: ATU63362738
Executive Directors: Florian Vogler (CEO & CTO), Felix Vogler (CFO & COO)

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and privileged. It is
intended solely for the addressee. Access to this E-Mail by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited
and will be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.