[wix-users] WCF windows service not listening after installation

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Sep 12 22:39:25 PDT 2017

From: ರಾಘವೇಂದ್ರ ಎಸ್ [mailto:raghavendra.yadavs at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:25 PM
To: Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com>
Subject: Re: [wix-users] WCF windows service not listening after installation

>      <Component Id ="TestService.Config" >
>        <File Name="TestService.Config" Source = "$(var.TestService.TargetDir)TestService.exe.Config" />
>      </Component>

Ok, so the app config file is present.

So what does your instrumentation say? I see an nlog lib, how about the event viewer?
Can you compile a debug version and attach to it?

Tough to troubleshoot, this is not a WIX issue, it's an issue with your code
so there is nothing obvious to suggest. Check the instrumentation and attach
a debugger to it...

btw, reply on list:)
jlc