[wix-users] Can anyone give me a nice simple example of returning values from a Custom Action?

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Sep 12 08:22:27 PDT 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf
Of Paul Mumford via wix-users
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:05 AM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Cc: Paul Mumford <paul.mumford at gmail.com>
Subject: [wix-users] Can anyone give me a nice simple example of returning
values from a Custom Action?

> In c# I say:
>
> session["THING_INSTALL_TYPE"] = "Client";

>              * <Condition>**THING_INSTALL_TYPE = "Client"</Condition>*
>             </Component>

Are you certain you are writing the value in the case that your conditional checks with?
It may be more robust to check for the value case insensitively.

Also, I believe you are scheduling this too late, InstallValidate runs after costing
and it's costing which indicates what is about to be installed so the condition is
evaluated before.

jlc