[wix-users] execution context for an All-Users install

Blair Murri osito at live.com
Sat Sep 9 21:35:11 PDT 2017

If the MSI was launched directly by the user (meaning the elevation prompt came from Windows Installer) then non-deferred custom actions run as the launching user account without elevation and deferred non-impersonated actions run as SYSTEM.

I don't know the launching account for group deployments. It used to be SYSTEM, I don't know if that ever changed.

Blair Murri

Sent from my Windows 10 phone