[wix-users] hold a mutex or file lock for the whole lifetime of an msi installation/update

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Thu Oct 19 08:28:00 PDT 2017

An easier alternative to the mutex would be a CA at the beginning and end of the install process that would write a flag to the registry. You could also alter you application to include a sync object in the global namespace, and you could have a delayed CA at the beginning of the deferred install execute sequence verify that the object hasn't been created.