[wix-users] Choose install directory using 'WixUI_Minimal'?

Paul Mumford paul.mumford at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 05:50:05 PDT 2017

Is this possible? For our purposes we really dont want to use Mondo or any
custom actions, I originally did have some custom actions but have replaced
them with a wizard type thing on start up of the application.

My current installer works great but for various reasons it would be
fantastic if we could select install directory.

Current relevant code looks like this:

    <Directory Id='TARGETDIR' Name='SourceDir'>
      <Directory Id='ProgramFilesFolder' Name='PFiles'>
        <Directory Id='OurTopLevelDirectoryID' Name='Our Top Level
Directory'>
          <Directory Id='INSTALLDIR' Name='Our Application Name'>

Basically I want the 'choose your install directory' dialog without using
Mondo.

Must be be possible :)

Thanks all,

Paul.