[wix-users] Bootstrapper Application Example that support all (Major, Minor, Small) update types

Ghenadie Tanasiev ghenadie.tanasiev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 02:38:03 PDT 2017

Hello,

I am using standard BA to install a program. The issue I am struggling with
is to support all three update scenarios , Major, Minor and Small.

I can update my application (installed using MSI) with a patch (Minor or
Small) and all looks OK. Also when uninstalling the application, it also
removes my patches, and machine remains in a clean state.

When I am using a bundle, to install the application and after that my
patches, there are few issues that I am encountering:
i1. There is no Update dialog, it always Install one, even if I am using
the same bundle version and the same upgrade code (but different chain
content);
i2. Uninstalling the program from the Add/Remove programs, will not remove
related patches as happening if I would not use bootstrapper for
installation.

Can some one please clarify me what I am doing wrong or point me to a good
example of using custom or standard bootstrapper that supports update
scenarios of an application?

Thanks a lot,

Ghenadie