[wix-users] Dotnet core install detect

Luke Malpass contact at angelsix.com
Tue Oct 3 03:56:23 PDT 2017

Those never work. I’ve tried it 100 different ways. Even the copy/paste example in that doc doesn’t work.

    <Property Id="WixQuietExecCmdLine" Value="ipconfig" />
    <CustomAction Id="QtExecExample" Execute="immediate" DllEntry="WixQuietExec" BinaryKey="WixCA"/>

    <InstallExecuteSequence>

      <Custom Action="QtExecExample" After="InstallInitialize"/>

    </InstallExecuteSequence>

Run installer just says setup ended prematurely. Never runs any command, and batch or cmd file, any direct command line value. Tried every example on the web, it never works. No errors, no feedback on what went wrong. Nothing.

Also I notice in the examples they don’t mention how the Property is ever found or called, as its never linked to the CustomAction in any way?

Regards,
Luke Malpass
AngelSix Ltd