[wix-users] GAC Install in WiX

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 10:47:01 PST 2017

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/app-domains/gac

says

"Starting with the .NET Framework 4, the default location for the global
assembly cache is %windir%\Microsoft.NET\assembly. In earlier versions of
the .NET Framework, the default location is %windir%\assembly."

Does the assembly in question target the .NET Framework 4? This
functionality is handled directly by the Windows Installer itself so if it
doesn't work correctly, then you'll need to ask Microsoft why it works
differently. If it is working correctly, then why did you think the
assembly should be deployed to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly? Because
the customer said so?

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Nov 24, 2017 09:57, "Ven H via wix-users" <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>