[wix-users] Security Update: WiX v3.10.4 and v3.11.1

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Thu Nov 30 12:00:55 PST 2017

Greetings all,

A couple weeks ago a new security issue in Burn was reported to us at FireGiant (https://www.firegiant.com/blog/2017/11/16/wix-online-meeting-138-highlights/). The issue was fixed and a new version of WiX v3.10 and v3.11 is available with that fix. We would appreciate it if you could upgrade to this issue and report any new issues you find with this security fix. The fix is very targeted and we have not seen any issues at this time.

WiX v3.10.4.4718 - http://wixtoolset.org/releases/v3.10.4/rc
WiX v3.11.1.2318 - http://wixtoolset.org/releases/v3.11.1/rc

Assuming no showstoppers are found, this build will be released as Stable. Get it now and you (very, very likely and we very much hope) won't need to upgrade later.

Regards,

  Rob Mensching
  CEO
  FireGiant