[wix-users] Wix Bundle and ARP DisplayVersion

Joel Budreau joel.budreau at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:08:56 PST 2017

We use our x.y.z.build numbers as: major.minor.hotpatch.build. But our build system is currently spinning out build values over 7,000,000! I had always put this large build number in the 4th ProductVersion field since MSI ignores it anyway. All was well until we started using wix bundles that fall over dead if you use large version values, or even detect large version values as a part of an upgrade of an older MSI! So, now I’m running around chopping off build numbers and trying to find a way for customers and developers to look at a machine and figure out what builds were installed...

- Joel