[wix-users] Prompt for Windows Credentials in Wix for Admin Privileges

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 10:34:56 PST 2017

All standard actions will do The Right Thing (R). If you're not getting
prompted then you're doing something else wrong, like running custom
actions requiring elevation in immediate mode.

You should consider asking why something works or doesn't work the way you
expect instead of asking how to implement a specific solution to a problem
you have not fully described. This is especially true when experts are
telling you that you're trying to do something bad, not recommended, or not
a best practice.

When asking why, you must explain what you are doing and why as well as
what you expect and why you think you are observing behavior that doesn't
match your expectations. This information is critical for providing the
best advice for your specific scenario.

If you ask about a bad solution, then all you'll get is a lot of responses
not to do it. Remember the customer is not always right, especially when
highly specialized technology is involved. The Windows Installer is *not* a
scripting language.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Nov 24, 2017 01:01, "Ven H via wix-users" <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>