[wix-users] Prompt for Windows Credentials in Wix for Admin Privileges

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 19:14:30 PST 2017

This is a requirement from my customer. Many times, the end customers of my
customer simply double click on the MSI and proceed with the installation,
but it fails after some time when it tries to perform some actions which
require Admin privileges. Even though, we have given a batch file
accompanying the MSI which will have msiexec command for invoking the MSI,
there is no guarantee that the customers will run this batch file from
command prompt in Admin mode. Hence I am asking for this.

Regards,
Venkatesh

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 11:26 PM, Joseph L. Casale via wix-users <