[wix-users] Upgrade Paths in Wix

Wheeler, Blaine (DSHS/DCS) BWheeler at dshs.wa.gov
Wed Nov 22 14:02:24 PST 2017

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Edwin Castro via wix-users
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:05 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List
Cc: Edwin Castro
Subject: Re: [wix-users] Upgrade Paths in Wix

I agree you shouldn't force this kind of behavior on your customers...

If you still think you must, then you'll want to use the Upgrade table in
version 2.0 to detect versions 1.1 or 1.2 and disallow upgrade in those
cases. The MajorUpgrade tag will not do this kind of thing for you so
you'll need to author Upgrade yourself.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Hoover, Jacob via wix-users <