[wix-users] Wix problem with DPInst.exe

Miran Gorenec miran.gorenec at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 00:43:51 PST 2017

I have Windows 10 with 64-bit operation system.

I wrote a simple code for installing the driver. It simply copies DPInst.exe (64-bit) and cat/sys/inf (64-bit) files to newly created Drivers folder, runs the DPInst.exe and deletes Drivers folder. The driver is installed and it can be seen in Uninstall programs. But at InstallFinalize appears an error 1722 and install does not finish correctly. I get an error

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action Install_Signed_Driver, location: C:\DRIVERS\, command: C:\DRIVERS\DPinst.exe /PATH C:\DRIVERS\Common\SIGNED_1\

The consequence is that I cannot use such a code in bigger one, because the programs stops.

I was looking for possible reasons (traces of previous installation, wrong version of Windows Installer, Start/stop Installer, recreate Installer, confusions with x64/x86, ..) but i found nothing.

The code and error log is in the attachment.

Thanks in advance

Poslano iz programa Pošta za Windows 10