[wix-users] WiX Upgrade without uninstallation of existing version

Rambabu Nethi rambabu.nethi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 09:56:46 PST 2017

Hi Venkat,

I don't think you can achieve this with the Major upgrade. If there is a
data loss, I am assuming that they are the configuration files. So Before
the upgrade, Backup those files and after the upgrade restore them.

For Fresh installations, any ways the files will be installed.

Best Regards,
Ram

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Ven H via wix-users <