[wix-users] Adding registry key upon Uninstall

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 22:14:58 PST 2017

Hi Joseph,
Thanks for the good hint. It started working fine. However, if I uninstall
it by choosing "Uninstall" from right mouse button menu on .msi file, it
failed to write in hklm. I've set Return="ignore" to avoid uninstall
failures.

What's the difference between Uninstall from right mouse button menu on msi
file and from control panel and "msiexec /x"?
In each case it shows UAC permission dialog...

On 9 November 2017 at 18:03, Joseph L. Casale via wix-users <