[wix-users] Installing windows SQL 2016 Express fails to extract

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Wed May 31 11:59:35 PDT 2017

Why are you doing this? /INSTALLSHAREDDIR=C:\ /INSTALLSHAREDWOWDIR=C:\

A) Your assuming that a C drive exists.
B) Your saying that both the 64 bit and 32 bit shared components should go in the root of the C drive.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/install-windows/install-sql-server-2016-from-the-command-prompt