[wix-users] passing APPLICATIONDIRECTORY to a custom action

kurt.jensen at us.ophiropt.com kurt.jensen at us.ophiropt.com
Thu May 18 06:13:42 PDT 2017

We are running a deferred custom action that needs to know the installation directory.   I get the part about accessing parameters using CustomActionData.  But I cannot find an example or explanation on how to pass a variable as a parameter.  Any attempt to use [APPLICATIONDIRECTORY] in any way results in CNDL1077 warning.

How can I make something like this work?
<Property Id="CAInstall" Value=" AppDir =[ APPLICATIONDIRECTORY]" />

TIA!!
This message may contain confidential information of MKS Instruments, Inc. or its subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, then any use or distribution is prohibited. Accordingly, please notify me immediately by e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.