[wix-users] ServiceConfig issues after upgrading to 3.11

Neil Sleightholm neil at x2systems.com
Sat May 13 01:05:30 PDT 2017

Or DelayedAutoStart – I have just supressed warning 1150 to make it build cleanly.

Neil

From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> on behalf of Alex Ivanoff <alex.ivanoff at ivanti.com>
Date: Friday, 12 May 2017 at 22:07
To: WiX Users <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Subject: [wix-users] ServiceConfig issues after upgrading to 3.11

After upgrading WiX to 3.11, we started to get the following error:

error CNDL1150: ServiceConfig functionality is documented in the Windows Installer SDK to "not [work] as expected." Consider replacing ServiceConfig with the WixUtilExtension ServiceConfig element.

I would happily replace ServiceConfig with WixUtilExtension, but it does not have OnInstall and ServiceSid properties that we are using. Are we missing something?