[wix-users] BootstrapperApplicationData c#

Mark Olbert Mark at arcabama.com
Tue May 9 21:13:15 PDT 2017

I’m learning about bootstrappers by building a simple WPF-based UI.

Is there a managed/c# interface for accessing the BootstrapperApplicationData.xml file which gets created when the bootstrapper starts? Or some other interface into the engine which provides access to the same information?

I’ve tried looking for a schema for the xml file in the github repository for v3, but haven’t found one. OTOH, looking at the c++ source code for balutil and balinfo it doesn’t look like the schema is all that complicated. But I’m not sure I’m seeing the entirety of what’s available that way.

  *   Mark