[wix-users] Installer Localization

Andreas Buchner Andreas.Buchner at inloox.com
Tue May 9 08:40:22 PDT 2017

For a case where we needed a (default) system account I implemented a solution to translate the user from the default sid within a custom action.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa379649(v=vs.85).aspx

// convert the user sid to a domain\name
var account = new SecurityIdentifier(sid).Translate(typeof(NTAccount)).ToString();

That should help :-)