[wix-users] SFXCA: Failed to start the CLR

Jacques Eloff repstosd at gmail.com
Mon May 8 15:59:13 PDT 2017

This is a one-off problem. Sorry if I was unclear. The errors that we saw
in the past was when the CA actually ran (so the CLR binding already
happened) and web.config modification was disabled (there's an attribute
you can add that disables modification). It happened on a few servers from
ISPs and removing the restriction and running the MSI usually worked just
fine. This is a very bizarre failure. I'll continue working with the
customer. It's possible .NET is not in a good state.

Thanks for the pointers/suggestions

Jacques