[wix-users] ServiceConfig issues after upgrading to 3.11

Alex Ivanoff alex.ivanoff at ivanti.com
Mon May 8 13:52:20 PDT 2017

After upgrading WiX to 3.11, we started to get the following error:

error CNDL1150: ServiceConfig functionality is documented in the Windows Installer SDK to "not [work] as expected." Consider replacing ServiceConfig with the WixUtilExtension ServiceConfig element.

I would happily replace ServiceConfig with WixUtilExtension, but it does not have OnInstall and ServiceSid properties that we are using. Are we missing something?