[wix-users] Hand over an action to wix bundle elevated process

Ireneusz Grala ireneusz.grala at wp.pl
Fri May 5 14:09:54 PDT 2017

Hello,
thank you for your answers.

To Gerhard Matzen: I've tried the way with restarting the process as
elevated. It caused some troubles with when updating my product, so I've
gave up this way. Thus my problems now. When I had my BA elevated I didn't
have the problem with reading IIS configuration.

To Hoover Jacob: I know when BA is elevating and as I wrote, one can call
Engine.Elevate() which will create BA UI-less elevated process. That's why
I was asking. Whether it is possible to communicate with that process and
pass or call from it a method. I also know it is fault of IIS, but since
in my company we use this to host our SPA, I need to deal with it.

To John Cooper: For now I'm dealing with calling a bat file to get what I
need. But this also gives double UAC prompt. But that's the best I could
think off.

To Nir Bar: I've read about this solution also but it's no go.

--
Z poważaniem / Best regards

Ireneusz Grala