[wix-users] WiX and SCCM

Steve Ogilvie SOGILVIE at msn.com
Tue May 2 15:08:41 PDT 2017

Hi folks,

Customers have complained that from an old version of our product (using WiX 3.10) to newer versions of our product (using WiX 3.10.2 and 3.10.3) are complaining that when the WiX installer is done SCCM is getting a non zero return value (sometimes code 255 or -1073741819.

To fix this they have had to use "requires interactive mode. "

Since I don't have SCCM at the company I work for I have been using PSEXEC.exe to mimic, PSEXEC -s <install.exe> works while PSEXEC <isntall.exe> does not (gets non zeror return value)

The MSI"s are all returning 0 and the BootStrapper log is returning 0 as well...

Has anyone else seen/heard this issue?

Much thanks,

Steve