[wix-users] App Pool not being removed

Chris Holt cholt at convergencedata.com
Tue May 2 06:33:30 PDT 2017

I figured out the problem!  I feel a bit stupid but I haven't dealt with Windows Installer in a long time and Wix is pretty new to me.
The problem was what always gets newbies to Windows installer, properties are not restored automatically when doing an uninstall.  You have to do that manually.
So because the properties weren't being restored it was removing the component fine but passing it the wrong name of the app pool.

Thanks!