[wix-users] COM Object exception

John Cooper JoCooper at jackhenry.com
Wed Mar 29 10:50:07 PDT 2017

In your authoring, you have Return="check".  If you used "ignore" instead, it would treat the execution as a success regardless.  This causes the MSI to evaluate the return code and return a 1603 if the CA failed.  Of course, the CA has to return an appropriate ActionResult.  Search the log for 1603 is usually a good way to localize a failure.  InstallInitialize is not returning normally.  '3' is not a success code.

--
John Merryweather Cooper
Senior Software Engineer -- Integration Development Group -- Enterprise Notification Service
JoCooper at jackhenry.com