[wix-users] question about feature selection(s)

Steve Ogilvie SOGILVIE at msn.com
Wed Mar 29 05:38:53 PDT 2017

I really could use an answer about this please!

Hi all,

I have a new "server" MSI it has several features, however it has 2 radio buttons on the welcome page, this will install a specific client feature based on the value of the radio button... i.e.

install client x (ENABLE_CLIENT =  1 if selected)

install client y (ENABLE_CLIENT = 0 if selected)

I have the UI responding perfectly (since we have some dialogs that should or should not be shown, depending on what client is being installed.

The only issue (so far) is that some files ARE not being installed because the radio button property is NOT set to 1 (it is 0) so client y

in my Features that I have to install if client y is selected i have:

<Feature Id="Feature_WebApp_ClientY"

    Title="ClientY"
    Level="0"
    Display="expand"
    ConfigurableDirectory="DIRECTORY_PATH_CLIENTY">
  <ComponentGroupRef Id="ProductComponents_ClientY" />
  <Condition Level="1"><![CDATA[ENABLE_CLIENT = "0" OR REMOVE]]></Condition>
</Feature>

I have a few features selected or not selected, custom actions run or not run based on which radio button was selected in the Welcome page (during a silent install they will have to set the ENABLE_CLIENT to 1 or 0 depending on which client they want installed...

However, it seems that feature selection is done BEFORE the Welcome page shows up, so how can i get that properly set up?

do I have any options?

thanks,

Steve