[wix-users] Detailed Docu about BootstrapperCore.config

Orzyszek Andreas Andreas.Orzyszek at dentsplysirona.com
Sun Mar 26 22:53:57 PDT 2017

Good Morning,

I am working on a template for Custom Bootstrappers and every time I get to the BootstrapperCore.config I am not 100% sure what every part in the file does.
I then normally grab the one from the wix setup source code and it works.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!-- Copyright (c) .NET Foundation and contributors. All rights reserved. Licensed under the Microsoft Reciprocal License. See LICENSE.TXT file in the project root for full license information. -->

<configuration>
   <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="wix.bootstrapper" type="Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Bootstrapper.BootstrapperSectionGroup, BootstrapperCore">
            <section name="host" type="Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Bootstrapper.HostSection, BootstrapperCore" />
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" />
    </startup>
    <wix.bootstrapper>
        <host assemblyName="WixBA">
            <supportedFramework version="v4\Full" />
            <supportedFramework version="v4\Client" />
        </host>
    </wix.bootstrapper>
</configuration>

Why does the startup contain the useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy?
With the supportedRuntime I can define on which Version of .Net my cba should run, but why does supportedFramework under the host element exist?
I can’t even find information about the allowed values for the version attribute.
If I just leave out the supportedFramework Elements the cba starts without any error, but when I try to use “v4.0” or “v4.5” the prereqmba to install .Net is launched.

Maybe someone was I clear vision of that a can help me out,
Thanks,

Andreas

Sirona Dental Systems GmbH • HRB 24948 •
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Erich Blum •
Sirona Dental Services GmbH • HRB 25817 •
Geschäftsführung: Rainer Berthan • Michael Geil •
Sitz der Gesellschaften: Bensheim • Registergericht: AG Darmstadt •
Diese E-Mail ist ausschliesslich fuer den angesprochenen Adressaten
bestimmt und kann vertrauliche Informationen beinhalten.
--
This e-mail is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may
contain confidential or proprietary information.