[wix-users] Wix Source File Changes Needed to Allow Multiple Versions to Exist on System?

robert_yang at agilent.com robert_yang at agilent.com
Fri Mar 24 15:06:02 PDT 2017

"Although uninstalls run to completion, the program files folder/shortcuts and desktop shortcuts do not seem to get removed as expected."

I notice you didn't bump the GUID's of your shortcut components.  We've found this necessary, or else they don't uninstall when new versions are also present.  This also seems to be required for components which have registry keys as keypaths (which technically your shortcut components are also).

-Rob