[wix-users] Major upgrade requires reboot?

Persson, Magnus (SE-TLX) magnus.persson at assaabloy.com
Mon Mar 20 11:21:53 PDT 2017

I'm still new to this WiX stuff but do Custom Actions run in it's own process?
If they do, that would explain the 2nd msiexec.exe process.

If the restart manager is triggered due to something in one of my custom actions my best guess would be a rogue handle locking something. Anyway, that's for me to look into tomorrow.

/Magnus