[wix-users] FTP from burn.

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Thu Mar 9 07:54:57 PST 2017

A comment to the following link from Bob indicates that FTP is supported in Burn by default:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17785382/wix-bootstrapper-downloadurl-can-it-be-a-local-network-path

I vaguely recall discussing this issue several years ago when I first implemented CDN staged packages.  I FTP the packages up to the CDN server, and then Burn handles the download automatically, although I think it is using http, based on the ExePackage/@DownloadUrl, or MsiPackage authoring.

Custom Actions only exist in the context of a MSI which is probably not related to your question.  If you need some other format than what is currently supported by Burn, then I think you are looking at working with the wix-devs to add the functionality to the WixToolset.org source.  But I suspect that Burn already has sufficient support for your needs.