[wix-users] How to use <Variable/> in a DownloadUrl

Barker, Joseph JBarker at ntst.com
Fri Jun 23 14:49:34 PDT 2017

I'm trying to build an exe you can run and pass an argument in via command line and that would alter the downloadUrl.

I have a variable

<Variable Name="ServerName" Value="localhost" Type="string" bal:Overridable="yes"/>

However when I try to use it in the DownloadUrl it doesn't get the variable it just prints the [ServerName]

DownloadUrl="http://[ServerName]/web/visionmobile/MobileView.msi"

Yet when I use it on the LicenseUrl it works

LicenseUrl="http://[ServerName]/web/visionmobile/Eula.rtf"

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employer or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and delete the material from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.