[wix-users] Failed to convert version when upgrading previous Installshield install

Dennis Costello dennis.costello at prudential.com
Thu Jun 22 05:35:08 PDT 2017

Thanks for the input.  I have read both of these when I first ran into this problem but there isn't a fix for how to handle this problem.  The Burn engine fails to run the msi when the detected status is unknown.  I need to know how to either change that status in the custom ba or what I need to do to force that msi to run if that status is unknown.

This is only an issue when trying to run the msi from the bundle.

Thank you!