[wix-users] Update progress status with custom dynamic text

Oscar Acosta oscaracos at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 14:42:54 PDT 2017

Hello:

I'm trying to update status text in ProgressDlg with custom dinamics messages while running a custom action that takes several minutes. I couldn't find any topic about this inside Wix Toolset help files.I found this answer in StackOverflow that involves using the Record class.

using (Record record = new Record(0))
    {
        record.SetString(0, "foo");
        session.Message(InstallMessage.ActionData, record);
    }But it's not working for me. It's neccesary to create a custom ProgressDlg with a control suscribed to ActionData for this? How to use the Record class for this task?

Kind regards.Oscar Acosta

|   |
WiX: dynamically changing the status text during CustomAction
 I have a pretty lengthy CustomAction in a wix installer, and I want to be able to change the 'Status: ......  |   |