[wix-users] Patch not showing up in the ARP list. MsiPackage Visible="no"

Steve De George stevedegeorge at pivotalz.com
Mon Jun 12 04:21:22 PDT 2017

Hi all.

Ran into this today on my patching work.

1. If I set both Burn and the MSI to visible..  Then both end up in the ARP list.  Patching works. Looks bad to the customer

2. If I set Burn to hide and the MSI visible... then patching works but uninstalling the msi works but  fails to uninstall burn.

3. If I set Burn to visible and hide the MSI (MsiPackage Visible="no") patching works but does not show up in the ARP list - view installed updates.

I have learned that best practice is Burn needs to be in the ARP list and that is ok.

So the question is.

How do I get the patches to show up in the ARP list - view installed updates if the MSI is hidden?  (MsiPackage Visible="no")

Thanks!

Steve De George - Pivotal Z / NextGen Software, Inc.
253-656-4061
www.pivotalz.com<http://www.pivotalz.com/>
www.nextgensoftware.com<http://www.nextgensoftware.com/>