[wix-users] Deferred CA sequencing

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Jul 31 17:12:32 PDT 2017

I have a deferred CA and its setter (6598/6599) sequenced before InstallFinalize (6600).
I can see ConfigureIIs is sequenced at 5999. However in the log, I assume that CA is wrapper
around picking the appropriate CA for the IIS version as I see it set properties such as
ConfigureIIs7Exec which happen much later. The issue is they are occurring after my CA
which makes my CA invalid.

Further puzzling is InstallFiles and InstallServices is happening after my CA as well?

The behavior is unchanged with either of After="PublishProduct" or Before="InstallFinalize"
and the CA runs before the IIS changes have been committed.

Anyone know why this is occurring?

Thanks,
jlc