[wix-users] Localised installer with very long compile times

Lewis Henderson henderso at opentext.com
Wed Jul 26 10:19:20 PDT 2017

Hi Chris,

I'm by no means an expert, and I haven't used this in production yet, but I believe you just need to relink (using light) with the proper .wxl file for each language.  You can then use torch to create a transform for the language, and then use another tool to embed the (hopefully minimal) transform in the original .msi.

This is discussed in the WiX tutorial at https://www.firegiant.com/wix/tutorial/transforms/morphing-installers/.
A slightly different approach is given at http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/msi/articles/embeddedlang/, which is the method I've tested.  This seems a bit simpler, but your mileage may vary.

I hope this is useful to you.  Good luck.

				Lewis