[wix-users] Setup Project with Visual Studio and 2 web project

Marco Alquati mq at asionline.it
Wed Jul 26 05:47:49 PDT 2017

Hi, the error message is "Undefined preprocessor variable '$(var.Web.Host.PackageDir)'.".
Yes, I have referenced both wxs into the setup project.
If I did not understand, the problem is that the system is using only a variable for compiling through candle.exe and not both variables.
To create the variable I used the following statement. However, it does not seem to generate a variable for each of the projects, but creates only one global one with the last project listed.

<CreateProperty Value="$(DefineConstants);%(ProjectReference.Name).PackageDir=%(ProjectReference.RootDir)%(ProjectReference.Directory)obj\$(Configuration)\Package\PackageTmp\">
        <Output TaskParameter="Value" PropertyName="DefineConstants" />
    </CreateProperty>

-------Marco Alquati-------
Servizio Produzione Software plain
mailto: mq at asionline.it
Gruppo ASI - Via della Croce Rossa, 42 - 35129 Padova
http://www.plain.it - mailto:info at asionline.it  Tel. +39 049 8070030 - Fax +39 049 8078433

Questa e-mail è da considerare strettamente riservata ai destinatari specificati. Se il messaggio
è stato ricevuto per errore, si prega avvisare il mittente e poi di cancellare il messaggio.
E-mail sottoposta a scansione antivirus con Kaspersky Endpoint Security (http://www.kaspersky.it).