[wix-users] Logging values

Charles Gallo [9Dots Management] CGallo at ixdots.com
Tue Jul 25 12:10:24 PDT 2017

Hi Gang,
I'm building an install that has a BUNCH of conditionals, and of course, I'm not getting what I THINK I should be getting, and it would be really useful for me to be able to output a message to the log file (which I do create) sort of like
"Has_excel2016 is true"

and

"CustomAction Id="foo" Property = "Bar" has value "baz"

The real case is I really want to look at two properties

<Property Id="HAS_EXCEL2016" Secure="yes">
   <RegistrySearch Id="NewSignature1" Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Excel\InstallRoot" Name="Path" Type="raw" />
</Property>

And

<Property Id="HAS_EXCEL2013" Secure="yes">
<RegistrySearch Id="NewSignature11" Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Excel\InstallRoot" Name="Path" Type="raw" />
</Property>

And a few other similar ones (I need to know which version of Excel if Installed - always 32 bit as out product only works with 32 bit)

How can I do this (this way I can but my name etc in the log and search for it)

Charles Gallo | 9 DOTS
Senior Director
1100 E Hector Street| Ste. 245 | Conshohocken, PA 19428
C: 917.301.2749
cgallo at ixdots.com<mailto:cgallo at ixdots.com>| ixdots.com<http://www.ixdots.com/>