[wix-users] .NET Redist not working

William Fisher wfisher at summa.com
Tue Jul 25 07:46:36 PDT 2017

Thanks, Simon and Robert.  Compressed='yes' for the payload did not change
the size of the executable after building, so I'm not sure that's the
correct resolution for this case.  I'm investigating other options, but if
you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

What I've tried:

The PayloadGroup I had contained 5 items, the last of which was the .NET
redistributable.  I put the compressed tag on that one as the last
attributet, didn't work.  First attribute (as your example, Simon), didn't
work.  Moved the entire .NET payload line to a new PayloadGroup in a new
Fragment, didn't work.